Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Bill Plympton Movie premiere, Master Class, and Lecture

Last week was a great week! I got to see a feature premiere called Idiots and Angels by Bill Plympton. How many movies have you been to where you got to meet the creator and hear him talk about his film? It was a awesome experience and something I will remember for a long time. His master class was really inspiring as well. He talked to us about how he lives off his independent animations and how to get our own animations out in the publics eye by submitting them into film festivals. I was equally impressed with the Dog series he showed us and the drawings he did for us on stage. That night I got the icing on the cake by attending his lecture. Can you believe the guy is in his mid 60s? I sure didnt.... and he has more films he wants to do yet! I cant wait to see the newest one he is working on called "Cheatin."

No comments:

Post a Comment